ActiMeal is a compound feed containing rapeseed meal subjected to an aerobic fermentation process with Bacillus subtilis 87Y bacteria.
The fermentation process is directed towards:
– lowering the content of anti-nutritional factors: phytic acid, glucosinolates, tannin
– enrichment of the feed material with secondary fermentation products.
Research shows that the mixture is highly effective in animal nutrition.
In field implementations, the pro-health aspect of using the products is clearly visible through:
– reduction of the number of diarrhea cases in piglets with infections with Clostridium perfringers
– reduction of diarrhea in piglets weaned against E.coli in the period around weaning
– higher weight gain of piglets and pigs being fattened